Bloomberg Industry Group is seeking a deputy team leader for labor and employment news.
We’re looking for an editor to help craft stories from pitch to posting; shape and raise the quality of our labor and employment coverage; and lead and inspire our smart, ambitious reporters.
What You Will Do
- Manages assignments and stories from pitch to publication. Exercises independent judgment and drives coverage throughout the day, choosing the appropriate events to cover, directing reporting resources, setting deadlines and word limits, and helping to spearhead enterprise and analysis piece choices.
- Reviews, evaluates and edits stories. Coordinates with the central news team to get graphics or videos where appropriate. Selects photos and tags stories as needed.
- Works with the team leader to improve writing and reporting skills. Delivers feedback on stories to reporters and editors that is constructive and thoughtful, often on tight deadlines.
- Drives employees to try new things and remain open to change as we work to create a new culture across the news department. Serves as an aspirational role model for employees across all news desks.
- Leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
You need to have
- Minimum 5+ years journalism experience
- Excellent editing and story-management skills. Good news judgment to independently assign stories, organize and prioritize tasks, and run the day on the team.
- Strong sense of urgency to push reporters to quickly file important breaking news and then to edit and get those items to our customers fast.
- Ability to unpack complicated legal and government actions and help reporters make them interesting.
- Knowledge of digital news and information publishing operations.
- Effective change management skills and ability to help team leaders drive the group.
To apply, go here.