You will manage, coach, and train some of the brightest reporters in the business and be a resource and partner when news breaks or we’re pulling together captivating enterprise stories.
Your goal each day will be great journalism that drives value across our consumer platforms and delights customers reading our work via channels for legal, government, and financial professionals, i.e. Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Tax, Bloomberg Government, and the Bloomberg terminal. Your job is to drive coverage by working with frontline editors and reporters, editing stories, and building a culture of excellence where your team leads by example when it comes to breaking news, moving fast, owning developments, and driving the news cycle.
What you will do:
- Be a newsroom leader. Yes we produce great journalism, but what makes it possible is our culture and our people. Your job is strengthening both.
- Monitor the daily flow of news, and ensure quality standards remain high. Coordinate not only your team of reporters and editors, but understand what’s happening in the rest of the newsroom and ensure that we’re covering major developments from all relevant angles.
You need to have:
- Exceptional curiosity and news judgment to make assignments and set the team’s agenda, from daily coverage to longer term targets.
- Top-notch editing skills and the ability to make a story shine, provide constructive feedback, and help editors communicate in a similar way. Knowledge of what our readers need and what coverage will resonate.
- Ability to adapt to new technology and tools, as well as excellent organizational skills to track reporter/editor availability, prioritize resources on a daily and weekly basis, and analyze data to help inform coverage decisions.
- Courage to make tough decisions in the moment as news breaks, learn from mistakes, and adjust as needed. Educate reporters and editors about newsroom goals and help them create the best possible stories on their beat.
- Be a self-starter who sets high standards and leads by personal example. You will need to think big and challenge your team to do the same.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in journalism or equivalent experience.
- Five-or-more years of experience in journalism, with demonstrated success producing excellent and ambitious stories.
To apply, go here.