Bloomberg Industry Group seeks reporter to cover tax, budget and economics news
Bloomberg Industry Group is seeking a top-notch reporter for a key beat covering tax, budget and economic news primarily in New York City and New Jersey.
This resourceful, skilled reporter should be adept at breaking news, tracking legal and regulatory developments and delving into enterprise. The beat includes high-profile topics from a heated debate over taxing high-income residents to how cities and states handle budgets ravaged by the pandemic-induced recession. The right candidate will have a track record of translating complicated material into understandable prose for a general audience as well as explaining policy implications to a targeted audience.
- Knowledge of journalistic principles and techniques, including AP style skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes.
- Demonstrated ability to suggest and develop articles with specific guidance from appropriate managing editors.
- Demonstrated ability to write news stories and features (including complex and/or analytical pieces).
- Demonstrated ability to meet daily and routine deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to use office productivity software and the Internet effectively with training.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- College-level coursework in areas related to Bloomberg Industry Group coverage (i.e., journalism, environment, economics, and public health policy) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum three years of journalism experience, including daily reporting experience.
To apply, go here.