This is an opportunity to lead an influential team of tax commentary editors and columnists whose work is often among the most well-read content in the newsroom.
The commentary editor, known as the Tax Insights Team Lead, will spearhead efforts to further expand our community of tax professionals by recruiting tax experts and high-profile practitioners–including those well positioned at Big Law and the large accounting firms–to write the best-in-class analysis of news and trends, which we call Insights & Commentary. The chosen candidate will manage a small team, steer coverage at The Exchange, plan regular webinars, and think creatively about new ways to engage a broad audience.
The ideal candidate would be a current or former tax practitioner who has a finger on the pulse of the tax community and isn’t afraid to think big with new ideas from engagement to content.
- Oversees all aspects of the team to produce quality Insights – timely, accurate, and thought-provoking.
- Uses news judgment to solicit Insights on the most important topics of the day, week.
- Coordinates coverage of Bloomberg Industry Group outside content.
- Identifies key strategic relationships with law firms.
- Engages law firms, partners, high powered lawyers, and other stakeholders.
- Edits Bloomberg Industry Group Insights and coordinates publication.
- Hires, develops, engages, and retains a high-performing editing team with a focus on continuous learning and development. Ensures that staff develop and improve editing skills. Takes action by managing individual and team performance.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of legal developments.
- Drives team to try new things and be open to change as we work to create a new culture across the news department. Serves as an aspirational role model for the people on the news desk.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic relationships.
- Effective change management skills and ability to lead a nimble and change ready organization.
- Knowledge of digital news and information publishing operations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to show those skills on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, motivating, developing and engaging a strong team.
- Strong and thoughtful analytical and decision-making skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in a management role in a news organization or law firm. Proven record of success in developing key partnerships and editing enterprise pieces.
- Demonstrated track record of developing longstanding relationships with law firms, partners/C Suite executive, and attorneys.
- Law degree (JD) preferred.
For more information click here.