Bloomberg Industry Group seeks an associate digital editor
The Associate Digital Editor edits and creates news content, harnessing the capabilities of digital platforms and tools.
- Leads social media efforts in coverage area.
- Edits news stories, features, breaking news alerts, and/or other material for content, style and digital functionality to ensure that quality standards of assigned news desk are met.
- May direct coverage and assignments across several related beat areas coordinating the use of multimedia (graphics, video, podcasts, audio slideshows, photographs, etc.) and ensures publication deadlines are met.
- Edits copy quickly and concisely; occasionally reports and writes articles.
- Verifies information related to unit’s scope of coverage through sources or other means.
- Coordinates with other assignment editors in division, with other Bloomberg Industry Group units, and with Bloomberg to avoid overlap in coverage.
- Works one-on-one with reporters to quickly file breaking news, and to ensure analysis in daily and longer-term stories, as well as developing story ideas and angles.
- Coordinates editorial projects within division, as needed.
- Maintains subject-area knowledge related to unit’s scope of news coverage, including current awareness of issues and developments in the field.
- Proposes and coordinates outside author contributions, as needed.
- Helps to maintain homepages for news websites.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to edit material under deadline pressure.
- Ability to multitask across platforms.
- Ability to work accurately and independently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Organizational skills, with ability to juggle multiple stories across formats and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with other staff members to develop their journalistic skills.
- Understanding of major social platforms, tools and trends.
- Strong news judgment.
- Knowledge of analytics tools.
- Ability to use publishing tools and platforms and other technology effectively.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with colleagues, sources, and others.
- Editing and proofreading skills.
- Working knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes a plus.
- Video production and editing skills, and Photoshop, Premiere and other Adobe software experience a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2+ years’ journalism experience managing social media platforms for a news organization or editing experience in a digital newsroom.
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
To apply, go here.