You will set daily coverage priorities for the newsroom and work collaboratively with frontline editors and reporters around the newsroom as they move fast to break news, own developments, and drive the news cycle. You will help to bring the newsroom’s resources to the most important stories of the day and develop strategies to drive readers to our journalism – including on social media platforms, third-party apps, the website, and the Bloomberg terminal – all while building a culture of excellence. Your goal each day will be to help make great journalism that drives value across our consumer platforms and delights customers reading our work via channels for legal, government, and financial professionals, i.e. Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Tax, Bloomberg Government, and the Bloomberg terminal.
You need to have:
- Exceptional curiosity and news judgment to choose the right areas for coverage and set the team’s agenda, from daily coverage to longer term targets.
- Top-notch editing skills and the ability to make a story shine, provide constructive feedback, and help editors communicate in a similar way. Ability to know what our readers need and what coverage will resonate.
- Be highly collaborative and show the ability to manage change, influence others in the newsroom, and communicate with reporters and editors of various backgrounds and experience levels.
- The ability and courage to make tough decisions in the moment as news breaks, learn from mistakes, and adjust as needed. Plan for the future and lay the groundwork for what will be needed weeks, months, or even years down the road.
- Be a self-starter who sets high standards and leads by personal example. You will need to think big and challenge your team to do the same.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Seven-or-more years of experience in journalism, with demonstrated success producing excellent and ambitious stories
For more details click here.