Bloomberg is looking for a social and audience development editor to join its team based in New York City. In this role you’ll manage Businessweek content across a range of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok, and help the magazine branch into new digital spaces. You will also help Bloomberg’s broader social team with news across platforms.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Drive performance/reach of Businessweek content through social media promotion
- Collaborate closely with writers, editors, photographers, and designers to build assets and social templates that resonate with social audiences
- Grow new audiences, track performance on Businessweek content on traditional and non-traditional social platforms, and pitch stories and content ideas to editors based on your findings
- Assist and train Businessweek editors on different digital tools and social platforms, encouraging them to post from their own handles
- Support the larger Bloomberg social team on social promotion of news content spanning beyond Businessweek
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment or digital magazine environment
- The ability to make and execute social content decisions on your own, but also the ability to collaborate with other social editors on larger projects
- Strong editorial judgment
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Parse.ly, Crowdtangle, and Socialflow
- Demonstrated track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
- An interest in business, finance and markets, and longform journalism
- Background in magazine or news is a plus but not a must
To apply, go here.