Bloomberg BNA seeks senior video journalist
Responsible for producing topical, news-focused explainer and feature videos, that may range in length from two to seven minutes. This individual will juggle many tasks and should be excited about pitching, developing, researching, writing and reporting stories, and shooting and editing videos.
- Pitching, developing, researching, reporting and writing stories.
- Shooting and editing videos.
- Partnering with reporters and editors across the newsroom to identify and produce videos that are both visually distinctive and of interest to our audience.
- Managing multiple projects in various stages of production.
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to convey news and tell stories in creative ways using high-quality video and motion graphics.
- Demonstrated exceptional shooting and editing skills and experience with motion graphics.
- Knowledge of, and interest in our organization’s core topic areas.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS5, FS7, Canon C100 and C300.
- Deep knowledge and prior experience with lighting and audio setups in both the studio and the field.
- Mastery of the Adobe Suite, with a high level of expertise in both Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Must be a clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills.
- Accustomed to an open office setting.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience producing videos in a news environment, preferably at a top-tier news organization.
- Demonstrated experience juggling many tasks.
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
To apply, go here.