Bloomberg BNA is seeking a senior reporter to cover employee benefits at its Arlington, Virginia, office.
- Mastery of reporting and writing skills required to product news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline.
- Mastery of journalism principles and techniques.
- Proven ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews.
- Knowledge in depth of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes.
- Ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline.
- Ability to serve as subject area expert and resource for others covering same or related beat(s).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
A minimum of 4 years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications.
To apply, go here.