Bloomberg BNA seeks assistant managing editor
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, and a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals, seeks an assistant managing editor to manage a team of reporters and editors responsible for covering federal procurement policy.
The assistant managing editor’s responsibilities will include:
- Plan product scope and coverage
- Make writing, reporting, and editing assignments, including coordinating coverage and assignments with staff and others
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends, and issues affecting federal procurement policy
- Develop and maintain professional contacts in the government and private sectors, to be used as authors, advisors, or otherwise
- Coordinate activities of product advisory board to maximize opportunities for product improvement and promotion
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Supervise staff and provide opportunities for development and improvements of subject area knowledge, generating story ideas, reporting, writing, research, and other skills
- Work with Human Resources to give staff performance evaluations and make decisions for reclassifications, promotions, terminations, and new hires
- Implement disciplinary actions
- Copyedit, report, and write material
- Participate in development of sales, marketing, and strategic efforts, including social media
- Monitor the business and financial performance of product(s)
- Help prepare and monitor budget and ensure compliance
- Respond to requests or comments from subscribers and sales rep
- Explore new product proposals and innovations
- Maintain current knowledge of developments on issues related to product scope
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, go here.