Bloomberg BNA seeks an assistant managing editor
Bloomberg BNA seeks an Assistant Managing Editor to assist the Managing Editor with the operational, editorial, and production activities of assigned product(s).
Assistant Managing Editors at this classification may perform or assist the Managing Editor to perform any or all of the following:
- Plan product scope and coverage;
- Assist with the coordination of writing, reporting, and editing assignments, including organizing coverage and assignments with staff and others;
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends, and issues affecting relevant subject area;
- Develop and maintain professional contacts in the government and private sectors, to be used as authors, sources or otherwise;
- Ensure deadlines are met;
- Supervise staff and provide opportunities for development and improvements of subject area knowledge, reporting, writing, research, technical, and other skills;
- Assist in the development of sales, marketing, and strategic efforts, including social media;
- Monitor the business and financial performance of product(s);
- Respond to requests or comments from subscribers and sales rep;
- Explore new product proposals and innovations;
- Maintain current knowledge of developments on issues related to product scope;
- Copyedit, report, and write related material;
- Assist with preparing and monitoring budget and ensure compliance;
- Work with HR to provide feedback and input on personnel activities, such as performance evaluations, new hires, promotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations;
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in news publishing, including writing and substantive copy editing of complex material; 1+ years’ management or demonstrated leadership experience preferred; working knowledge of subjects covered by assigned product(s), including issues, trends, and target markets; understanding of publishing systems and workflows; excellent writing, researching, editing, and copy editing skills; working knowledge of government and regulatory processes; excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to use project resources and staff effectively within established schedules, budgets, and guidelines; excellent interpersonal skills to deal with customers, staff, and contacts inside and outside Bloomberg BNA; excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; ability to meet strict deadlines; proficient with computers and Microsoft Office; substantive experience in environment, safety and health preferred; bachelor’s degree required; coursework in journalism preferred.
To apply, go here.