Bloomberg BNA seeks a video journalist
Bloomberg BNA is seeking a video journalist for its news team.
Video journalists are responsible for producing and editing topical, news-focused explainer and feature videos, that may range in length from two to seven minutes. Top candidates for this position will have a professional background in video journalism, demonstrate exceptional shooting and editing skills, and have experience with motion graphics. Please note, this is not an entry-level position.
Video journalists will juggle many tasks and should be excited about pitching, developing, researching, writing and reporting stories, and shooting and editing videos. Those in the role will working collaboratively with Bloomberg BNA’s reporters and editors across our legal, tax, government, and environment news desks.
- Pitching, developing, researching, reporting and writing stories.
- Shooting and editing videos.
- Partnering with reporters and editors across the newsroom to identify and produce videos that are visually distinctive and of interest to the Bloomberg BNA audience.
- Managing multiple projects in various stages of production.
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to convey news and tell stories in creative ways using high-quality video and graphics.
- Demonstrated exceptional shooting and editing skills and experience with motion graphics.
- Deep understanding of, and interest in, Bloomberg BNA’s core topic areas.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS5, FS7, Canon C100 and C300.
- Must be adept with lighting setups in both the studio and the field.
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Suite, with a high level of expertise in Premiere Pro and, at minimum, a basic knowledge of After Effects.
- Must be a clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills.
- Accustomed to an open office setting.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or substantial progress toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience producing videos in a news environment, preferably at a top-tier news organization.
- Demonstrated experience juggling many tasks.
To apply, go here.