Bloomberg BNA seeks a news editor
Bloomberg BNA seeks a news editor to handle fast-paced editing and story assignments for breaking news, daily news stories with analysis, and lengthy, in-depth reports.
- Edit news stories, features, breaking news alerts, and/or other material for content, style and digital functionality to ensure that quality standards of assigned news desk are met.
- Direct coverage and assignments across several related beat areas in tax and accounting news and ensure publication deadlines are met.
- Edit copy quickly and concisely; occasionally report and write articles.
- Verify information related to unit’s scope of coverage through sources or other means.
- Coordinate with all assignment editors in division, including deputy news directors and managing editors, with other BBNA units, and with Bloomberg News to avoid overlap in coverage.
- Work one-on-one with reporters to quickly file breaking news, and to ensure analysis in daily and longer-term stories, as well as developing story ideas and angles.
- Coordinate editorial projects within division, as needed.
- Maintain subject-area knowledge related to unit’s scope of news coverage, including current awareness of issues and developments in the field.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ journalism experience, including editing experience in a digital newsroom; strong news judgment and experience with assignment coordination; demonstrated ability to edit material, including complex and/or analytical pieces, under deadline pressure; ability to multitask across platforms; ability to work accurately and independently in a deadline-driven environment; excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to juggle multiple stories across formats and meet deadlines; ability to work effectively with other staff members to develop their journalistic skills; working knowledge of federal, state, and international legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; working knowledge of journalistic principles and techniques; ability to use electronic research methods effectively; ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; proven ability to interact effectively with colleagues, sources, and others; demonstrated excellent editing skills; proficiency in MS Office; excellent proofreading skills; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in journalism, or subjects related to federal, state, or international tax desirable.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
The hours for this position are 7 a.m. till 3:30 p.m.