Blank Slate Media, a fast-growing chain of 6 award-winning weekly newspapers and website on the North Shore of Nassau County, is looking for a versatile, self-starter with good writing and reporting skills, and journalism experience.
You will report on all aspects of your communities including local government, politics, education, business and human interest stories.
Excellent opportunity to work with editors with many years of weekly and daily newspaper experience.
Other responsibilities of a news reporter include:
- Posting stories to social media.
- Writing headlines, cutlines, captions and taking photos.
- Managing community and school news submissions.
- Degree in print journalism or equivalent experience is required.
- The ideal candidate will be able to write headlines, cutlines, captions, take photos and quickly develop relationships with community leaders, government officials and other sources as well as experience in social media management and digital content management.
Benefits include: Health insurance
- Paid time off
For further details click here.