BizTimes Milwaukee seeks a reporter
BizTimes Media (BizTimes Milwaukee & BizTimes.com), an award-winning media company that covers the southeastern Wisconsin business community, is seeking an experienced, dynamic, self-starting reporter.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Complete general assignment business news reporting for the website and magazine.
- Shoot photos for print and online stories.
- Develop network of sources and stay in touch with them to generate stories.
- Frequently use public records to find news stories.
- Leverage social media to promote stories and build network.
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- Minimum of one year of print and/or online journalism experience.
- Enterprise reporting skills demonstrating an ability to break news.
- Proven ability to write clearly and accurately, and meet deadlines on multiple platforms.
- Good news judgment and research habits.
- Basic photography skills.
- Familiar and comfortable with social media.
- Must be a team player who will collaborate with our five-person newsroom.
Compensation & Benefits
BizTimes Media, established in 1995, offers a competitive wage and benefits package and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization—a profitable, well established publishing leader.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and three writing samples (ideally, links to published work, but PDF attachments will also be accepted) to Andrew Weiland at email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants expected, we will respond directly to candidates we wish to interview.