Bisnow seeks a Dallas/Fort Worth reporter
Bisnow is an industry leading, vertically integrated B2B platform serving the trillion dollar commercial real estate industry across the U.S., Canada, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business. From events and news to marketing services, talent solutions and now DaaS, Bisnow reaches millions of all-digital readers as well as thousands of event attendees, speakers, sponsors, advertisers and businesses looking to do more deals within CRE.
Operating in almost 50 MSAs across North America, the UK and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
We are seeking a high-energy, collaborative and news-obsessed individual to join our growing editorial team! The perfect fit for this position will quickly master the Bisnow editorial process, can maintain and build relationships and will keep up with our fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Writing roughly six articles a week of varying lengths and types, and producing daily morning briefs.
- Covering breaking news and deeper enterprise reporting in DFW’s commercial real estate industry.
- Working a beat, traveling around the DFW Metroplex covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry.
- Infiltrating the CRE industry — turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources.
- Having an intimate knowledge of DFW’s CRE business — knowing where the major players are located, what deals they are responsible for and what events they attend.
- Working with the global news teams on major projects and national series.
- Working with a local team of event producers and sales representatives to assist in the content of events.
What are we looking for?
- Great writing skills.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Digital experience and at least two years of experience in business journalism.
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand on Bisnow.com.
- A commitment to seeking diverse stories and sourcing.
- Must have ability to travel around the DFW area, and must have availability to attend/cover Bisnow-hosted events.
- Though not required, it would be a plus if the candidate has knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design, and especially contacts within those scenes.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation structure!
- Unlimited vacation.
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits.
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate).
To apply, go here.