BioPharm Insight seeks investigative reporter
Come join our team at BioPharm Insight. Our New York newsroom is seeking a highly motivated reporter to join our dynamic investigative publication. The investigative Healthcare Reporter will focus on uncovering scoops and producing market moving pieces in advance of company announcements.
This challenging position will include covering all aspects of drug development, approval and marketing.
The successful candidate will keep a close eye on various aspects of the pharmaceutical and biotech sector, including R&D, licensing opportunities, M&A, regulatory issues, reimbursement, litigation and general industry trends.
– Strong knowledge of the drug development process and healthcare industry
-Ability to perform to a high standard under pressure and meet strict deadlines
– Previous experience on a daily or weekly publication preferred
– Excellent communication, reporting, interviewing and writing skills
– Team-oriented approach with ability to work in an interactive news room environment
-Ability to collaborate on stories with our team of London reporters
– Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Journalism and/or science-related field)
– You are comfortable conducting interviews with high-level regulatory officials, physicians, consultants and industry executives.
-Your goal is to provide forward-looking reports on R&D activities.
-The pharmaceutical and biotech sectors, drug development regulations and reimbursement are topics you find fascinating.
– Uncovering new industry trends, facts and breaking news daily – your prime motivation.
– You keep on top of new developments.
– Health care and investor conferences are a place where you eagerly network and thrive.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
The compensation package is competitive, with a benefits package of health, vision and dental insurance as well as a 401(k) plan. We offer a generous 20 days of paid time off (plus holidays as per the New York Stock Exchange).
BioPharm Insight publishes real-time news and data on the most price-sensitive issues in the global healthcare market. Our diverse team consistently provides an exceptional product and level of analysis to a readership comprising: top-tier investment banks, hedge funds and corporate subscribers in the healthcare sector. BioPharm Insight is a part of Infinata, a division of the MergerMarket Group.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Hanan Kamal, North American Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.