Looking for an experienced journalist with excellent reporting skills to join our team!
General Assignment reporter with 3+ years experience covering local politics, business, school boards, quality of life issues and features for award-winning local newspapers.
- Write 4-5 news stories per week
- Process news briefs and arts items
- Take photos.
- Job requires candidate to attend or cover city council meetings, school board meetings
- Write enterprising news stories.
- Pitch story ideas.
- Develop contacts with sources including government officials, community leaders, business owners.
- Social Media and website postings.
- Journalism degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Excellent knowledge of A/P style, Microsoft Word, WordPress.
- Superior writing and proof reading skills required.
- Photoshop and layout skills preferred.
- Ability to work well with others and good communication skills a must.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Karen@beverlypress.com
For further details click here.