Barron’s seeks an ideas managing editor
Barron’s magazine, a Dow Jones publication, is seeking an ideas managing editor.
Reports to the Editor in Chief
- This role is responsible for driving an exciting new type of coverage at Barron’s. A sophisticated audience of investors of all shape and sizes demands stories that illuminate the future – of autonomous vehicles, sustainable energy, disruptive businesses from Uber to Airbnb to Amazon and a universe of others we’ve yet to hear about. Investors are also interested in the big themes affecting markets, the economy and businesses right now — whether that’s public policy, changing patterns in the workplace, innovative types of investments or the growth of new markets. The Barron’s Ideas Managing Editor will be passionate about all of this and more.
- This type of coverage will take a range of forms, from short online posts to longer term projects and immersive storytelling experiences.
- The Ideas editor will deploy a variety of tools to reach new audiences – newsletters, video, podcasts and live events will all play a role.
- This role suits an editor of great ambition, with experience shaping and motivating a team of reporters to deliver groundbreaking stories.
- He or she will work closely with our visuals and audience teams to ensure storytelling is enthralling and deeply informative.
- He or she will edit for intellectual rigor and factual accuracy.
- He or she will have experience telling thematic stories and editing and managing a small team.
To apply, go here.