Barron’s seeks an executive editor
Barron’s seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial newsroom leader to oversee and expand our reported coverage across all beats.
- Shape Barron’s reported coverage across all beats, ensuring that it is always ambitious, relevant, distinctive, and forward-looking
- Lead the process of generating story ideas, evaluating pitches, and assigning stories. Make decisions on editorial priorities and how best to deploy reporters’ time
- Manage senior assignment editors and their reporting teams
- Edit articles for originality, intellectual rigor, accuracy, and persuasive storytelling
- Enforce high quality standards
- Hire and develop new newsroom staff
The right candidate will:
- Have substantial leadership experience in a fast-paced and influential newsroom
- Be equally comfortable on digital platforms and in print, with experience leading teams who work across multiple platforms
- Possess reliably excellent editorial judgment, a deep and up-to-date knowledge of investing, finance, business, and the markets, and a relentless commitment to accuracy
- Be a thoughtful and disciplined manager who is good at motivating, inspiring, and getting the best work possible from reporters and editors
- Have an entrepreneurial outlook and thrive amid uncertainty and change
To apply, go here.