Barron’s seeks an editor to oversee general assignment team
Barron’s is seeking an editor to help oversee our rapid response general assignment team.
Starting early in the day, this journalist should be able to identify the most crucial and interesting business stories of the moment and help reporters determine how to cover them with insight or original analysis. This editor should be able to elevate copy and make sure facts are supported – while responding quickly to market-moving developments.
Flexibility and an aggressive pursuit of the biggest stories are critical for this role since markets can be impacted by a wide range of unexpected news from the business world and beyond. Barron’s values teamwork, and this editor will be expected to work seamlessly with teams across the newsroom to make sure we have a compelling digital report throughout the day.
We also are seeking someone who has a keen understanding of the journalistic and technological reasons that enhance the readership of stories online. This editor should be a guru of search engine optimization and other digital tactics and be willing to assign alternative story forms to enhance readers’ understanding of complex events.
- Assign breaking/trending stories to the rapid response reporters
- Edit copy, refine and improve headlines
- Work with photo editors and art directors
- Communicate and work effectively with other editors and beat reporters, pitch in on edits as needed
- Prep for stories/developments to watch for the next day
To apply, go here.