Barron’s seeks a senior special writer
Barron’s is looking for an experienced reporter to cover the intersection of the economy, economic policy and the business world.
The topics are as big as they are important, including how fiscal and monetary policy, labor markets, inflation, deficits, regulation and other actions in Washington are impacting Wall Street and businesses. An ability to produce smart, ahead-of-the-curve analysis is a key part of the job, along with an ability to connect facts and statistics with the underlying people and companies.
Strong writing skills is a must. The successful applicant also should be able to draw on a wide-range of sources and experience to develop exclusives and step-back enterprise that can keep Barron’s readers informed about the most important developments and trends in economics.
- Report and write deeply reported features and news analysis.
- Write shorter daily analysis that quickly explains the importance of news about the Federal Reserve, regulatory actions, economic statistics, and more.
- Work closely and effectively with other members of the Barron’s news team.
Key skills required
- Experience writing quick and accurate articles.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Ability to write with flare and creative authority.
- Understanding of Barron’s core subject matter and audience.
- Minimum of 5 years reporting experience.
To apply, go here.