Barron’s seeks a markets reporter
Barron’s is seeking a rapid response markets reporter who can provide real-time analysis of the biggest market-moving developments of the day.
Rather than offering opinions or straight news, this reporter will focus on distilling what investors really need to know about the major forces influencing each trading day. Candidates should be fast and clean writers, willing to jump early in the day on trending stories. They should have a curiosity about markets and the drive to uncover the sometimes difficult-to-identify factors that move prices. We also prize journalists who are original thinkers and can quickly deliver insights.
We are looking for someone who desires to be widely read and shared. That can mean incorporating engaging visuals, crafting an intriguing headline or employing a variety of storytelling techniques, such as explainers, FAQs and other non-traditional story forms. Barron’s values teamwork, and this writer will be expected to work seamlessly with beat reporters and their editors on important breaking stories.
- Track financial markets and respond quickly to major developments
- Write engaging analysis and headlines in response to news
- Employ a variety of story forms to explain complex events
- Be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- Work generously with other teams across the newsroom
To apply, go here.