Barron’s Group seeks weekend/centralized editor
Barron’s Group is looking for an editor with sharp news sense, expert editing and writing skills, and enthusiasm about serving a large and growing audience. This editor will help manage timely and insightful coverage for Barron’s Group publications, including Barron’s and MarketWatch. The editor will work closely with senior editors of each publication to monitor the flow of news; identify assignments; manage news planning; and edit, publish and promote articles. This editor will ensure stories have engaging graphics, charts and photos. The position will require one weekend day shift.
- Edit and write news for Barron’s Group publications; coordinate with assigning editors
- Monitor the flow of news and identify stories
- Oversee news planning, from execution of daily stories to medium- and long-range planning
- Manage special features such as newsletters and live stories
- Manage mobile and desktop home page, social media channels and push notifications
- Oversee weekend coverage
- Work across the newsroom to ensure the digital coverage meets standards from an editorial, visual and product standpoint
- Solid news judgment and a strong sense for what the biggest story is at any given moment
- Expertise in finance, markets, and business
- Strong editing, writing and rewrite skills
- Proven ability to grow audiences and knowledge of SEO best practices
- Ability to select and conceive visuals that tell stories and enhance the impact of stories
To apply go here.