Barron’s Group seeks host and audio journalist for its podcasting team
Barron’s Group is hiring a New York-based host and audio journalist for its podcasting team. The host will work with Barron’s and Marketwatch newsroom reporters and editors to write and host a daily business and markets podcast.
- Hosting and writing a daily business and markets podcast
- Sourcing timely news and archival audio
- Helping to book external and internal interview guests and conducting interviews with reporters from Barron’s and Marketwatch
- Fact-checking and ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed
- Proposing new and original ideas for timely and relevant programming
- At least 3-5 years’ experience serving as an audio host and/or producer in a daily environment
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills
- Excellent news sense and a strong interest in markets and business
- Ability to work early morning hours and work flexible hours as needed and a track record of hosting quality audio content efficiently under tight deadline constraints
Regular working hours for this role are 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and may adjust depending on news coverage needs.