Barron’s Group seeks a video producer
Barron’s Group is looking for a full-time motion graphics video editor to animate, edit, and produce video content for multiple YouTube channels for Dow Jones publications including MarketWatch, Barron’s and Mansion Global.
Video is an essential and growing part of our journalism, storytelling and business. We are creating video series, standalone videos and animations to engage our audiences, capture new audiences and bring to life our journalism across our collection of brands.
You have experience conceptualizing and building motion graphics, and will demonstrate strong editing skills. You will create visual animations and videos that make sense of complicated topics, trends, and issues focused on business and finance and edit documentary style videos. You will come with a strong creative sensibility and ability to move swiftly between brands and projects.
- Report to the General Manager of Dow Jones Media Group
- Design and produce motion graphics and animations
- Edit videos using video, stills and motion graphics
- Create and edit motion graphic videos, including screen capture, explainer videos and illustration highlights
- Help create story ideas for regular business and finance videos
- Color-correct and sound-mix final videos
- Maintain broadcast quality on all video products
- Maintain Brand aesthetics
- Work both independently and collaboratively with Producers to design motion graphics that transform complicated concepts into clear visuals
- Use knowledge of typography and advanced principles of design, using a variety of applications (including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Create storyboards and design concepts that establish the graphics’ intent
- Manage priorities and workload to meet all schedules and deadlines.
- Set accurate estimates on delivery expectations and send status updates to stakeholders
- 3+ years experience creating motion graphics, editing and producing informational animations and videos
- Creative storyteller who can bring complex topics to life with dynamic and engaging visuals
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Suite, with a high level of expertise in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Documentary editing and motion graphics experience
- Understanding of file formats, codecs, and frame rates
- Must breakdown the elements of a story or set of statistics and recreate them in a visually engaging, creative way
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with YouTube best practices
- Interest and understanding of business and finance topics
- Strong communication, written and collaboration skills
- A positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.
To apply, go here.