Barron’s Group is seeking a highly creative video journalist to join its video team in New York to create content for multiple Dow Jones publications including MarketWatch and Barron’s.
The video journalist is responsible for producing, shooting and editing highly engaging and informative topical and evergreen business and finance-focused videos, ranging in length from two to five minutes. Top candidates for this position will have a professional background in video journalism, demonstrate exceptional shooting and editing skills, have experience creating graphics, managing studio and field shoots and taking a project from concept to delivery.
The video journalist will research, develop, pitch and report stories as well as produce, shoot and edit videos. They will work both independently, seeing videos from concept to delivery, as well as shoot and/or edit in collaboration with an assigned producer. They will also work collaboratively with Barron’s Group reporters and editors across a variety of subject areas.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Ideate stories and see through to completion, project managing all aspects of the production
- Ability to script and develop a story
- Produce, shoot and edit documentary style and in-studio videos
- Pitch, research, develop and report story ideas for business and finance videos
- Find compelling characters and narratives
- Light in-studio and field interviews
- 5+ years experience producing, shooting and editing video
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling documentary and character driven videos
- Ability to find compelling characters and storylines
- Ability to produce, shoot and edit both documentary on location videos and in-studio interviews
- Skilled with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS7, A7S
- Adept with studio lighting setups
- Professional competency editing with Adobe Premiere and creating professional graphics utilizing After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Interest and understanding of business news and finance topics
- An interest in creating new video series and templates is a plus
- Self starter who is nimble, innovative and versatile
- Clear communication, written and collaboration skills
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.
To apply, go here.