Barrons.com is hiring an experienced writer to cover personal finance and investing for millennials.
The job entails writing on a broad range of topics, including investment strategies, spending, saving, and career advice, as well as the emerging fintech products in these areas. The ideal candidate will bring several years of financial reporting experience to the job and an ability to synthesize that knowledge for a new generation of investors.
In addition to feature-length stories, the writer will find original ways to tell stories, whether by using graphics or slideshows or numbers.
The successful candidate will maximize readership by following SEO best practices and promoting the stories on social media. He or she will engage with readers on multiple platforms. The job may involve shooting and / or appearing on video.
Skills and experience:
- At least four years covering investing and finance
- Ability to write clear, concise news articles and inject them with voice and personality
- A deep knowledge of financial matters and the ability to translate those topics for the layman
- A slavish devotion to getting the facts right
- Impeccable news judgment
- A startup mentality and eagerness to experiment with different formats
To apply, go here.