Red Ventures is looking for an Investing Editor to join our Bankrate team. The editor will be responsible for contributing to and executing on our strategy for investing and retirement content while using SEO and editorial best practices to edit articles that are highly visible on organic search and social media.
This editor will be responsible for assigning content, updating existing stories, editing articles from both internal and freelance writers, and collaborating with the editorial and SEO teams on content creation. The editor should have solid editing skills, as well as strong project management, communication and collaboration skills. An ability to work well in a team setting is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, pitch, assign and edit investing-related stories that rank highly on search and resonate with our consumer audience
- Help manage day-to-day coverage of Bankrate’s stocks, funds, crypto and retirement planning content
- Work closely with SEO analysts to identify priorities and execute a content strategy
- Stay up to date on news and trends in the financial markets to drive decisions on emerging content opportunities
- Update existing portfolio of investing and retirement content (guides, comparisons, explainers, news, reviews, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Coach and mentor writers on best practices, while managing the publishing process in our content management system (WordPress)
- Edit internally and externally produced content for AP Style, brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Work with the investing editorial and SEO teams to make monthly updates to key transactional pages
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of writing/editing financial content with proven experience covering investing or wealth management for a related publication
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to effectively communicate edits to writers
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Desire to work closely with a fast-paced, high-performing team in a collaborative environment
- Experience with AP Style
To apply, go here.