Red Ventures is looking for an Editor to build a new small-business category on Bankrate. The editor will be responsible for contributing to and executing on our strategy for small-business content and will use SEO and editorial best practices to edit articles that are highly visible on organic search.
This editor will be responsible for assigning content, updating existing stories, editing articles from freelance writers, and collaborating with the editorial and SEO teams on content creation. The editor should have solid editing skills, as well as strong project management, communication and content strategy skills. An ability to work well in a team setting is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, pitch, assign and edit loans-related articles that rank on search
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Work closely with SEO analysts to identify priorities and execute a content strategy for a brand-new vertical
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Edit content for AP style, brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Prepare, upload and maintain stories in our content management system (WordPress)
- Build industry connections within the small-business space
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of writing/editing experience
- Experience or knowledge in personal finance and small business
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to effectively communicate edits to writers
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to edit content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and individually as needed
- Experience with AP Style
To apply, go here.