Baltimore Biz Journal seeks special projects and data editor
The Baltimore Business Journal is looking for a driven and innovative Special Projects and Data Editor to manage build on the newsroom’s strong legacy of using data to drive essential exclusive business coverage.
The Special Projects and Data Editor is able to gather and analyze original data on the industries, companies and trends driving business decisions in Baltimore region and communicate what he or she uncovers using both text and visual reporting.
They are also adept at business reporting, regularly contributing important stories to our regular news coverage.
• Collects and analyzes company and industry data for the Business Journal’s weekly industry Lists, using surveys, public documents and other relevant sources.
• Regularly reports and writes for the Business Journal’s daily news coverage, with responsibility to cover a particular beat and/or topic as needed.
• Edits news stories and leads news projects as needed.
• Manages Business Journal’s database of regional companies and helping produce the annual Book of Lists.
• Expands Business Journal’s database, with a focus on adding more private middle-market companies.
• Regularly reports stories based on data from the Lists and other research projects.
• Reports and writes four to six cover stories a year using data resources.
• Strong news judgment, news analysis and writing skills
• Exceptional reporting skills
• Strong project management skills
• Knowledge of computer data-management applications
• Proven ability to work with databases and spreadsheets to find patterns and stories
• Meticulous eye for detail
• Passionate about finding and dissecting data
• Ability to get people to tell you things they don’t want to
• Ability to mine and analyze data from surveys, regulatory agencies, other public documents and sources
• 3-5 years of journalism or equivalent experience, with a track record of using data to identify key trends
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here: https://bit.ly/3EBz9C7