Axios is seeking a Technology Editor to oversee a growing team of technology reporters in Washington D.C. and San Francisco.
This individual will guide Axios’ coverage of the collision of technology, business and politics in a rapidly changing landscape — and how it’s reshaping the economy and how we live and work. This individual has a keen understanding of what makes specific companies tick, a strong curiosity about the industry’s evolution, and a firm grasp on public policy.
The technology editor will ensure the news of the day is covered in the most efficient way for readers while also driving breaking news and authoritative analysis in Axios’ unique style. This person should be a creative storyteller and a strong communicator that thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Oversee daily coverage of technology news and conceive larger data-driven and analytical stories pushing the stories forward and putting this fast-changing world into context for readers.
- Work closely with the editors of the Future of Work, Media and Politics sections, among others.
- In addition to editing, this person will be able to report and write stories.
- Work with the Newsdesk to ensure comprehensive coverage of the news of the day.
- Manage a team of 3-5 journalists.
- 3+ years editing experience in a fast-paced news environment
- Experience working across teams to produce quality content
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital and social media landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to assign and manage multiple stories at once
To apply, go here.