Axios is hiring a Reporter to cover Tampa Bay area as part of our growing local news initiative, which is extending our mission to America’s hometowns.
This reporter will create a meaningful local presence in their market, getting readers smarter, faster on the news that matters to them. This reporter will connect the dots between local, national, and global developments to make readers aware of the narratives shaping their lives.
We are looking for skilled writers who care deeply about local news and are obsessed with innovative ways to cover it. Requirements include:
- Authoring a daily Axios newsletter that features insights and scoops that matter most to their local audience
- A command of the local market along with the sourcing necessary to illuminate busy readers about the communities where they live
- Helping to building Axios Local and shaping how the product evolves
- Collaborating across teams at Axios to create stories that have impact and bringing stories to life across multiple platforms (online, video, broadcast, or podcast)
- Commitment to building an audience for your newsletter and journalism on social and local media.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience covering news in Tampa Bay
- Excellent sources and ability to create new ones
- Strong reporting skills and comfort working in a fast-paced news environment and on deadline
- Ability to break news and create conceptual scoops
- Deep knowledge of the local market, including politics, business, and/or social issues
- Background in understanding local and national news coverage more broadly
- A belief in and dedication to writing in Smart Brevity
For further details click here.