We are hiring a web-first news writer to cover the Washington D.C. area.
We are looking for a skilled reporter
- Anchoring daily web coverage for Axios D.C., featuring breaking news, quick-turn aggregation and insights on stories that matter most to the local audience
- A command of the D.C. news landscape and which outlets break news when and how, including on local TV, radio and print
- A voice and presence online that complements the Axios D.C. team
- Helping to build Axios Local and shaping how the operation evolves across all cities
- Collaborating across teams at Axios to create stories that have impact
- Exceptional news and editorial judgment and instincts
- Experience covering and aggregating news for a digital-first platform or news site
- Demonstrated ability to identify both the most important and most talked about stories in the Washington D.C. region each day and prioritize the stories Axios can uniquely cover vs. stories that can be aggregated to serve our readers
- Clean writing and careful reporting
- Excellent communication with editors while still being able to work independently in a fast-paced news environment
- Familiarity and experience with news production, SEO, and social distribution
- A range of sourcing for daily news coverage and reactions
- Eager to seek feedback and quick to incorporate feedback to grow and strengthen your skills
- Outstanding work ethic and comfort in a very fast-paced environment
- A belief in and dedication to writing in Smart Brevity
Applicants who apply by February 20, 2023 will be considered first, but you may apply until this posting is taken down.
For further information click here.