Axios seeks a business editor
Axios is a digital media company that tells you what matters and why — to make you smarter, faster. We’re hiring an Editor to help support our Business coverage.
Why it Matters: In just four years, Axios has built a newsroom of more than 65 talented journalists committed to providing our readers with the most trustworthy information, in the most efficient way possible. Reporting to our Managing Editor, the Editor will play a critical role in sharpening and elevating our business coverage.
Go Deeper: You will serve as a player and a coach to work collaboratively across the newsroom to help report, edit, and generate ideas for the biggest stories shaping the American economy and business landscape.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience covering and editing markets, business, finance, stocks & economics
- Ability to cut through the noise and make the beat intelligible to other people
- Strong desire to field pitches, write and assign breaking news stories, and brainstorm the best ideas with reporters
- A proven track-record mentoring and developing talent
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on deadline
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply, go here.