Automotive News seeks a reporter to cover mobility and automotive technology
Automotive News, a growing and dynamic news organization owned by Crain Communications Inc., is seeking a world-class business journalist to cover mobility and automotive technology. Applicants should demonstrate a proven track record covering sophisticated automotive-technology news for a quality news organization — and be prepared to tackle ongoing breaking news in the area of automotive technology and mobility. This position will offer excellent pay and benefits. There will be opportunities for future advancement at our stable, growing publication. The reporter will be expected to do the following:
- Produce a robust flow of online and print stories.
- Cover various business-to-business automotive technology beats, including but not limited to transportation technology, mobility, and miscellaneous related stories of interest to an automotive audience.
- Participate in multimedia projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least ten years of professional journalism experience at a quality news organization with at least five years specifically covering the automotive industry.
- Proven capability of producing scoops and exclusive stories.
- Strong writing and communication skills, excellent grasp of grammar and style.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in source development.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Experience writing stories in real time, under tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work remotely.
- Team player who can work in a collaborative news organization.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Digital portfolio of recent work.
- Digital/multimedia experience is a major plus.
- Business reporting experience.
- Experience working with an automotive focused brand.
- Confident discussing industry news live on camera and speaking in public.
To apply, go here.