The Austin Business Journal is looking for a staff writer to cover economic development with the beat focusing on the intersection of the public and private sectors.
- Report and write short-form and long-form stories for the website and weekly print edition
- Own the beat, dictating day-to-day coverage and thriving on digging out source-driven exclusives
- Relentlessly develop sources and manage relationships with high-level executives and other community leaders
- Scoop competitors on every story of any significance, not only telling them what happened, but why and how
- Track record in the news business of building, maintaining and engaging an audience in print and online
Interested candidates can email their resume/clips to editor Colin Pope at email@example.com.