American Lawyer seeks editor to oversee litigation coverage
Law.com’s litigation team is focused on cutting edge legal issues, high stakes court battles, emerging trends in litigation—and the lawyers, judges and other personalities who are part of that world.
We cover geographic centers including New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami and Atlanta, and our team includes a mix of senior and more junior reporters working collaboratively with editors. Our team is committed to providing quality journalism that helps legal professionals advise clients, win cases, grow their businesses and navigate their profession.
We are seeking an experienced editor to lead a team of reporters. Duties include:
- Assigning local interest and national stories to litigation reporters.
- Line editing stories and writing compelling headlines.
- Working with reporters to identify and develop trend, insight and enterprise angles.
- Collaborating with editors and reporters across the company, including in multiple locations and time zones.
- Must be able to produce clear, accurate and authoritative copy under intense deadline pressure.
- Must be a creative thinker, news-obsessed, and able to find story angles that resonate locally—and globally.
- Must have the ability to juggle a stream of daily stories on tight deadlines with long-term features.
- Must be versatile and work as a team player
- At least five years experience in a daily news environment. Some editing experience with legal or business journalism is preferred.
ALM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ALM complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, go here.