American Banker seeks commercial and consumer banking reporter
We are currently seeking a reporter to join American Banker, covering commercial and consumer banking. This reporter will research, report and write news and feature articles. They will be charged with covering industry beats, staying on top of industry developments, cultivating and maintaining working relationships with industry sources.
- Work with editor to identify stories.
- Research and write at least one news article a day.
- Research and write two features/departments per month.
- Work with editorial staff to find, collect and manage monthly creation of content appropriate for various sections of the website and print issue.
- When necessary, copy edit and proof content, including freelance, contributed and staff-written articles.
- Work with editor on daily and weekly newsletters.
Reporters for American Banker are expected to contribute to and participate in all channels and platforms in which we engage our readers. Those activities include:
- Create social media posts on a daily basis.
- Participate in digital media, including podcasts, web seminars, video interviews, and so on.
- Participate in live and virtual events hosted by American Banker and other Arizent brands.
- Represent American Banker in other media, industry events, and other public contexts.
Preferred candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for business reporting. Candidates with demonstrated experience covering banking or the financial services industries will be advantaged.
- 2-5 years of experience in reporting, preferably in a breaking news environment
- Ability to write with clarity, insight, and depth in a timely manner
- A track record of working well under tight deadlines
- A sharp eye for what makes a compelling news story
- A strong understanding of how to generate scoops
- Proficiency in all the tools of a digital newsroom (CMS, audio and video recording and editing, digital photography and editing, data analysis)
- Experience and confidence participating in digital media and other public forums
- College degree in journalism, English, or a related field
To apply, go here.