The Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico’s largest daily newspaper, is seeking a Digital Editor. The Journal’s Digital Editor oversees and manages the execution of digital content, products and social media while working with reporters to optimize their content. Ultimately, this position’s No. 1 goal is to grow The Journal’s audience and create online products that are a mirror of the community. The digital editor is responsible for managing a team while also producing content themselves. They are tasked with finding new approaches and tactics for telling stories across all media platforms. The right candidate should be able to think and act strategically but also roll up their sleeves and be in the weeds when needed. This manager must be a great planner, ensuring that content appears on schedule and that distribution channels are all being used to drive the most audience possible. The digital editor must be collaborative, assertive and should be viewed as someone who is great to work with, solves problems and makes people around them better.
- Lead creation of engaging, compelling content across multiple platforms.
- Makes daily content decisions based on news judgment, knowledge of platforms and insights from audience metrics.
- Partners with editors to help the newsroom understand how audiences consume content across digital platforms.
- Supervise the digital team to direct coverage of breaking news, features and projects.
- Works across all departments (sales, marketing, news) and helps coordinate content and projects
- Analyzes and actively uses data and metrics to inform decisions
- Be available by phone and email to handle breaking news and staffing decisions during non-traditional office hours
- Excellent planning skills and ability to transform an idea, implement and execute a plan
- Highly knowledgeable in web management, social media tools, HTML, Flash, and Photoshop
- In depth understanding of SEO and social media channels
- Great journalistic judgment, writing and copy editing skills
- Deadline driven
- Great communicator
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package and benefits. Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Albuquerque Journal Executive Editor Patrick Ethridge at email@example.com
For further details click here.