Albuquerque Business First is looking for a Managing Editor to help lead and grow our newsroom. This person is charged with guiding the constant programming efforts of the content team, and as such, must possess a solid news sense, an ability to make snap judgments about the proper treatment of stories, and a high level of confidence in orchestrating the many simultaneous actions of the editorial team members.
Albuquerque Business First is looking for a Managing Editor to serve as the newsroom’s chief operating officer. While the ME oversees and ensures the smooth flow of content from conception to publishing on all platforms, the ideal candidate is particularly adept at and has a particular passion for digital excellence.
As the newsroom’s most hands-on manager and coach of reporters, the ME brings ideas, inspiration, and guidance to the staff, and actively directs the deployment of resources online, on mobile, in email, print and on social.
- Employ whip smart news judgment and a solid news sense
- Make smart snap judgments about how best to tell stories
- Manage both people and content exceedingly well
- Motivate and help newsroom tell compelling stories
- Inspire, motivate and mentor reporters, editors and other staff members
- Keep the newsroom organized, on time and on the rails
- Embrace and manage growth and change
- Believe that serving your audience is a newsroom’s chief responsibility
- Communicate exceptionally well
- Create a collegial, collaborative newsroom culture and vibe
To apply, go here.