AL.com is seeking a Social Media Producer to join our national award-winning, year-round coverage of the University of Alabama and Auburn University athletics.
The ideal candidate for this role should not only have a strong passion for college athletics and the SEC, but a finger on the pulse of the fanbases at Alabama and Auburn. While football and recruiting are our primary focus, we also cover the basketball programs extensively along with baseball, softball and gymnastics, among other sports.
The Social Media Producer will report to the Managing Producer of Sports Video and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and strategy on our Alabama and Auburn Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok accounts.
Our ideal candidate will have a desire to engage and entertain Alabama and Auburn fans through creative content. This job will require you to:
- Find and share content and participate in conversations with fans.
- Produce eye-catching graphics and short-form videos that will resonate with each fanbase.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with other producers to develop content.
- Analyze the performance of content across our platforms and identify best practices.
- Constantly monitor fan conversations and social trends.
- Produce high-quality content under tight deadlines on game days.
- Work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Plan and maintain a content calendar.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing a social media following for a brand or as a creator. (Experience in sports journalism, sports media or related fields is considered a plus.)
- Sound judgment, a solid understanding of grammar and ability to write clean copy.
- Experience using social media management tools and managing a content calendar.
- Familiarity with major and emerging social media platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and a willingness to learn Adobe Premiere and other software.
We prefer for this position to be based in Birmingham, Alabama. We know there are great candidates out there who might not meet all the qualifications we’ve listed. We encourage you to reach out and tell us why you’d be a good fit for this role.
For more details click here.