UpFront on Al Jazeera English is looking for a Digital Producer to join our team for the upcoming season of the show, starting in September.
UpFront is Al Jazeera English’s flagship weekly current affairs interview show, reaching beyond the headlines to delve into the issues setting the news agenda.
We are looking for a dedicated digital producer with excellent writing, editing, and analytic skills to create content that reaches our audience on multiple platforms, including social media, and establish best practices for connecting with our audience. The right candidate will be an excellent creative writer who is able to quickly grasp and refine the aesthetic and voice of the show. They will be a social media pro, well-versed in digital culture, and must have demonstrated experience building digital and social communities.
This is not an ancillary position, the digital producer will be entirely responsible for UpFront’s online presence, with endless space for creative collaboration and meaningful growth.
This is a freelance position for the upcoming season of UpFront, the successful candidate will be expected to work from the Al Jazeera office in Washington DC.
- Produce and post original content to engage and expand UpFront’s social media profile
- Edit with Adobe Premiere (Avid editing a plus)
- Post editorial content and engage targeted audiences and communities across social platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Organize, maintain and monitor multiple social media campaigns over the current season of each program
- Write copy for UpFront episode homepages
- Compile weekly and end of season analytics reports, identifying trends and adapting social strategy accordingly
- Liaise with different departments within Al Jazeera English to ensure UpFront content gets shared across the channel’s social media accounts
- Monitor news and repost/reversion UpFront content when relevant
- Must take initiative in originating ideas on strategy and posting relevant content on social media pages when needed
- Minimum 3+ years experience working with digital media
- Creative thinking and ability to innovate
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent news judgement
- Ability to identify and summarize key points in a news story
- Ability to stay on top of the news and a wealth of knowledge of the issues of the day
- Meticulous fact-checking
- Detail-oriented approach to social media campaigns
- Ability to problem-solve under pressure
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team
If interested please send your CV and a few lines about why you would be the candidate for this job to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more details click here.