APG Wisconsin is seeking a full-time General Assignment Reporter for the Price County Review.
Candidates must have strong writing, research and people skills. The position requires ability to take photographs for assigned territory, its online editions and also to share content with the company’s other publications.
Duties include assigned beat work of newsworthy items. Enterprise and feature stories encouraged to round out each week’s production with accompanying photographs.
Specialty area of interests encouraged.
Proficiency with the Internet and social media required.
The successful candidate must be flexible, attentive to details, diplomatic, able to take direction, and able to multitask. This position will work with different personality types and across a number of publications.
Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and client orientation and exhibit an ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts as a team member as well as a team leader.
- Ability to write and to provide clean copy, to take photos and video, strong organizational skills
- Must be able to accept instruction and editing suggestions from editors
- Must be able to work cooperatively with the public
- Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values
- Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts
- Responsibility to write headlines
- Prior reporting/editing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Must have own transportation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is helpful. Ability to use Facebook and Twitter and other social media preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field strongly preferred.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Therese Zadnik-Klecker, HR Manager – email@example.com
For further details click here.