Ad Age seeks an ad tech reporter
Ad Age is seeking a proactive, digital-first journalist to join our team as a reporter covering all facets of the rapidly evolving ad tech business including advertisers, demand-side platforms, ad exchanges, supply-side platforms, publishers and ad fraud.
Candidates will have the background and the ability to develop sources, break exclusive news, detect trends and write explainers and features that demystify technology. This position will also provide beat coverage of Google and Silicon Valley as well as the intersection of technological innovation and consumer privacy.
The ideal candidate is a team player with five or more years of ad tech-writing and the ability to pitch researched stories every day and is able to juggle multiple stories a day on deadline.
The reporter also will participate in planning and moderating Ad Age events that draw large audiences. Experience moderating ad programming panel discussions as well as remote conversations is a plus. Must be comfortable speaking in front of an audience.
Position will begin remote then work from our midtown Manhattan office, once safe to do so, or from your remote home-based office in California.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five combined years of work experience in a professional newsroom
- Experience reporting on ad tech topics
- Strong reporting skills and the ability to successfully juggle daily news assignments with producing longer-form articles on a regular basis
- Comfortable with and some background being on stage and on camera
- The ability to write multiple stories per day and meet all deadlines
- The ability to work quickly with minimum supervision
- A self-starter who is also an ally to others on team
- Link to online portfolio or samples of recent and relevant work
- Experience working for advertising and marketing trade publications or working as an ad tech reporter for a general interest publication. Alternatively, a record producing strong articles on ad tech topics as either a freelancer or staff reporter.
- A deep contact list in ad tech industry
- Experience and comfort moderating panel discussions and being onstage in front of large groups
- The ability to interpret complex technical documents
- Familiarity with building a newsletter and using a CMS
- Interest in developing public speaking skills
- Background using social media to promote the team’s stories
To apply, go here.