ACBJ seeks reporter for national news desk
ACBJ’s National News Desk is looking for a top-notch digital journalist who knows how to drive page views without giving in to click-bait strategies. We need someone who understands the lively side of business news — the hot trends, big-name companies, celebrity-level executives, expensive homes, gazillion-dollar deals — and wants to tell those stories.
The ideal candidate is energized by a collaborative, fast-paced environment where constant conversation about trends and metrics drives the coverage.
This is a 6-month position, with the potential to turn into a full time opportunity.
- Pitch and produce a high-volume of digital stories a day that drive significant engagement for ACBJ and its 43 newsrooms.
- Complement coverage with visual storytelling elements – slideshows, videos, infographics – for use across digital platforms.
- Able to report and write thorough, accurate stories quickly.
- Comfortable interacting with editors in person and by phone.
- Must be a voracious consumer of news.
- Adept at using social media to source and extend the reach of stories.
- Reporting for digital media required; business journalism experience a plus
- Solid understanding of news writing and journalistic ethics
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and three clips to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals: