American City Business Journals is looking for a managing editor for our digital properties in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Cleveland. The Managing Editor/Digital Cities plays a key role in our efforts to grow audience in the four noted cities — and could be expected to play a similar, critical role should ACBJ add to The Business Journals’ national footprint.
The Managing Editor/Digital Cities, must live in a market where there is an ACBJ-owned Business Journal. For a list, go to bizjournals.com and click on :Select a City.
The ME/Digital Cities is responsible for:
• Driving news and business intelligence to our fast-growing audience in these markets;
• Overseeing the smooth flow of content from conception to publishing;
• Working with reporters on story pitches, reporting and writing;
• Reporting and writing their own content to supplement the reporters’ beat-generated work; and
• Serve as back-up to the Editor/Digital Cities when necessary.
• Strong news judgment and a solid news sense
• An ability to make snap judgments about how best to tell stories
• An aptitude for managing both people and content
• An interest in inspiring, motivating and mentoring reporters
• Sharp editing and headline writing
• Keen organizational skills
• Belief that serving your audience is a newsroom’s chief responsibility
• Exceptional communication skills
• Social media know-how, engagement and enthusiasm
• Willingness to take on new assignments
• A drive to create a collegial, collaborative newsroom culture and vibe — working principally in a remote, virtual setting as dictated by having “newsrooms” in four cities across the country.
• Beat reporting and/or editing in a vibrant newsroom
• Proven interest in and aptitude for team leadership (even when you’re not officially the leader)
• Ease working in a digital environment and on social media
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here: https://bit.ly/3f7pHf1