The Company: 910 Media Group’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the news and content leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News (CBS), Local 32 (Fox), and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital (digital agency), MyNorth Media (Traverse Magazine) and an array of digital assets.
The Position: Someone who is passionate about journalism and reporting news that matters to our local communities. This journalist will be working to help bring the best story possible to our viewers. We want you to tell the stories our viewers will discuss over dinner! This person must be self-motivated, personable, and committed to informing, educating and entertaining audiences.
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, and individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Ability to develop innovative and creative content for multiple platforms including broadcast, digital and social.
- Passion for shooting, editing, and writing your own content
- Ability to report live onsite as appropriate
- Excellent news judgment and journalism ethics
- Interacting with viewers and users on social media sites
- Developing contacts and relationships within the communities we serve
- Perform other duties assigned
- A degree in journalism or a related field is preferred
- Outside-of-the-box thinking
- Be able to multi-task on various projects and stories, with numerous deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well Independently
- Understanding of AP & broadcast-style writing
- Must have strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere software
- Knowledge of Camera Work
- Must have a positive and collaborative attitude
- Must have and maintain a valid license and driving record
For more details click here.