Big Comedy Network is looking for writer
Join our rapidly-growing media and entertainment company!
We are seeking a talented Public Relations Assistant to join our team. This role is for candidates with very strong writing skills that are able to jump in immediately and work on a variety of entertainment properties, each with a unique brand and tone of voice. We will nurture your growth through meaningful assignments and you will be able to work with some very cool entertainment properties and brands.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Big Comedy Network (BCN) produces and distributes comedy and entertainment properties. Our business is driven by creative, talented, and curious people with a passion for culture and comedy. This is a stellar opportunity to work alongside teams that create and market TV/streaming shows, podcasts, and live events. You will also work closely with a senior team with 70+ years of combined experience in entertainment
The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and has business activities across the U.S. and internationally.
Project-based assignments that are anticipated to range from 10-20 hours a week with a flexible schedule and plenty of room for growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated candidate to “level up” as the company is growing quickly and you will be an integral part of the core team. You will have the chance to participate in many senior-level activities such as PR strategy, planning, and creative idea generation, along with execution.
- Assist in craft branding, advertising, and digital communications strategies
- Draft communications materials (e.g., fact sheets, press releases, blog posts, bios, etc.)
- Monitor and track media placements
- Assist in developing a comprehensive media and influencer outreach list
- Assist with the planning and promotion of talent appearances, project launches, etc.
- Collaborate with fellow creatives and senior management to create compelling, unique, and ideas and content
- Contribute to the development and execution of the brand tone of voice
- Engineer engaging content that aligns with the company’s brand, audience, and market trends
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- 1-2+ years of work experience in Public Relations
- Bachelor’s in communications, marketing, or journalism preferred
- Experience in entertainment is highly desirable
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills; proficient in English
- Excellent attention to detail and appreciation of nuance
- Candidates will be required to meet tight deadlines, work cooperatively, learn quickly, and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (candidate must have access to Office)
- Self-motivated with impeccable time management, organizational, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture
- Strong collaborative knowledge and team skills
- Passion for entertainment and pop culture; current on pop culture trends
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Brief COVER LETTER explaining why you are a good fit; specify your a) start and end date availability and b) hours per week availability
- Link to your PORTFOLIO, writing samples and/or other form of work samples (high-quality class or other non-paid work is acceptable)
- From $10 an hour
For more information, visit their website.