Seven elected to SABEW board
Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing members elected three new members to its board of governors.
- Megan Davies, editor and reporter, Thomson Reuters (term ends in 2019);
- Heather Long, economics correspondent, The Washington Post (term ends in 2021);
- Cindy Perman, partnerships and syndication editor, CNBC.com (term ends in 2021).
“We are very pleased to welcome these three outstanding business journalists to the board. The breadth, depth, and diversity of their experience will strengthen SABEW,” said Executive Director Kathleen Graham in a statement. “I look forward to working with the new, re-elected and current members to advance the mission of SABEW.”
Four incumbent governors were re-elected, each serving three-year terms. They are:
- Xana Antunes, executive editor, Quartz;
- Rich Barbieri, executive editor, CNNMoney;
- Brad Foss, global business editor, Associated Press;
- Andrew Leckey, chair in business journalism, Arizona State University, and president of the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism.
The new and re-elected governors join 14 current members of SABEW’s board.